- New York metropolitan nonprofit social service agencies that offer arts programs as part of their services are eligible.
- Each agency may submit up to three (3) works of art, but can have only one winner.
- Artwork must have been created and produced by a participant in an arts program operated by your agency between January 2012 and June 2013.
- Past winning artists must wait three years from the date of their win before they are eligible to win again. Please enter work from artists that have not won in the past three years.
- Competition is limited to visual art: painting, drawing, collage, photograph, sculpture, textile, or piece of jewelry. The work may be in any medium, including, but not limited to: oil paint, watercolor, acrylic, charcoal, ink, clay, etc.
- Employees of FEGS and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of their same households (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the competition, except under the category for FEGS clients.
There are no fees to enter this Competition and no purchase is necessary. This Competition is void where prohibited by law, and all federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
A distinguished panel of recognized artists and arts professionals will judge all entries. Entries will be judged on their own merits, based upon the following criteria:
- The successful expression of an artistic theme
- Artistic and technical accomplishment
- Creativity and originality
- The incorporation of an “environmentally-conscious” subject or materials
Dates To Remember
June 17, 2013
This year as part of the application process, original artwork must be delivered to FEGS by June 17, 2013 at 3pm.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
June 26, 2013
July 23, 2013